WITH PEPPERS AND PRAWNS
Here’s a recipe based on peppers and prawns, made more precious by the aroma of dried mushrooms, that can also become an extra way to top canapés or toast as a starter.
How to prepare the pepper and prawn appetizer
1) Slice half a pepper into strips and brown these in a little oil.
2) Peel 8 prawn tails and add them to the peppers together with a small glass of brandy. Add salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat for 5-6 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, soak 30g of dried mushrooms in a bowl of hot water to soften them.
4) Chop a small onion and brown it in a spoonful of oil. Add the soaked mushrooms to the onion after squeezing them out, cook for 15 minutes, then add this mixture to the peppers and prawns and cook for a little longer to let the flavours amalgamate.
Yet another idea: toast with peppers and prawns
1) This pepper and prawn appetizer can be served alone, as a side dish, or used to top canapés or toast for a delicious starter.
2) Alternatively, you can serve it up in small bowls with croutons to accompany grilled fish.